Turkey & Swiss with Herbed Greens
A simple dressing lends a burst of flavor to classic sandwich ingredients. Pam Norby - Amery, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 16 slices multigrain bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, oregano, garlic powder and basil. Add salad greens and onion; toss to coat.
- On eight slices of bread, layer the turkey, cheese, tomatoes and salad greens. Top with remaining bread.