This recipe is the perfect solution to what to do with left over turkey. My family looks forward to it every year after Thanksgiving.—Lois Forehand, Little River Academy, Texas
Featured In: 17 Festive Christmas Brunch Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash salt and pepper
- 3 slices (3/4 ounce each) Swiss cheese, cut into thin strips
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Reduce heat to 375°.
- Sprinkle turkey into pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in the shredded Swiss cheese, onions, pimientos, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes. Arrange Swiss cheese strips in a lattice pattern over quiche. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Swiss Quiche in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p32
Reviews forTurkey Swiss Quiche
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2015
"Great way to use leftovers My family really loved this dish"
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2014
"Good way to use leftovers. A great dish."