Turkey Sweet Potato Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (2 pounds, 8 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter on each side. Arrange sweet potatoes around turkey. Combine the cranberries, maple syrup, orange juice and cinnamon; pour over sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove turkey and sweet potatoes to a serving platter. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey and sweet potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 422 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 15, 2011
Though the canned sweet potatoes make this recipe easier, they tend to fall apart during cooking, making more of a sauce. I'm going to try boiling my own sweet potatoes next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.