- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (2 pounds, 8 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter on each side. Arrange sweet potatoes around turkey. Combine the cranberries, maple syrup, orange juice and cinnamon; pour over sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove turkey and sweet potatoes to a serving platter. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey and sweet potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Sweet Potato Supper
"Though the canned sweet potatoes make this recipe easier, they tend to fall apart during cooking, making more of a sauce. I'm going to try boiling my own sweet potatoes next time."