From Cheyenne, Wyoming, Cindy Adams shares, “When I created this recipe, I wanted something nutritious and delicious. These stuffed mushrooms fit the bill.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Remove and discard stems of portobello mushrooms. Fill mushrooms with turkey mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Turkey Primavera Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Light & Tasty October/November 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.