We stuff acorn squash with leftovers like turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce. Make as much or as little as you need to use everything up. —Cindy Romberg, Mississauga, Ontario
Featured In: Easy Acorn Squash Recipes to Adore
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Using a sharp knife, cut a thin slice from bottom of each half to allow them to lie flat. Place in a shallow roasting pan, hollow side down; add 1/4 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place onion in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and wine.
- Carefully remove squash from roasting pan; drain water. Return squash to pan, hollow side up; sprinkle with salt. Spoon turkey mixture into squash cavities. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until heated through and squash is easily pierced with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey-Stuffed Acorn Squash in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p170
Reviews forTurkey-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2017
"This was delicious with acorn squash. My husband and I agreed it could use a more cranberry sauce. I will add I/4 c. more the next time I make it."