"This main dish cooks up in a jiffy and is a great way to team up leftover turkey (or chicken) with broccoli," relates Karen Ann Bland of Gove, Kansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups frozen cut broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain and set aside. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, melt butter. Add onion; cover and cook on high until tender. Add flour and blend well. Whisk in broth; cook on high for 2-4 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring every minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except noodles. Cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over noodles.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 341 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 872mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
May 25, 2011
Quick and easy, and a painless way to get some broccoli in my diet. Great recipe! :)
Dec 29, 2010
Dec 7, 2010
I left out the broccoli and made it on the stove instead but wow was this good!!