- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme
- 4-2/3 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a Dutch oven, saute carrots, celery and onion in butter for 10 minutes. Add consomme, 4 cups water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and beans; cook for 5 minutes. Combine flour, Worcestershire sauce and remaining water until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- For dumplings, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in parsley and poultry seasoning. Combine milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Stew with Dumplings
"My hubby and I love the dumpling recipe. The stew is excellent too. Thanks for sharing!"
"I made this for my family and everyone loved it! I've made it numerous times since then. easy, really good flavor."
"YUMMY!!! Very good. The perfect thing for a cold winter day!"
"It was super good! It was perfect. They were some of the best dumplings I have ever had too!!! Definitely a keeper!"