- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the squash and onion. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Stir into the turkey mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Squash Casserole
"My husband really liked this. Picky eater he is. Can easily be modified to what you have on hand."
"Okay, (sorry) I changed this up a bit because of what I had on hand, and used heavy whipping cream in place of the evaporated milk and parmesan cheese in place of the crackers. This works better for me, since I eat a low carb/ high fat diet. And let me tell you... OMG... so delicious! I think this recipe could easily be modified according to personal taste/ veggies on hand/ etc. Absolutely delicious, and a keeper. Made it three times within the month."
"A very unique flavor that my family really liked. Has become on of our family favorites."