Turkey Spinach Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free Parmesan cheese topping
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and water. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese topping and paprika. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 323 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 26, 2012
I loved this recipe,but put it together in steps instead of using the all-in-one-dish style directions. Sauteed 1 1/2 yellow squash, 1/2 yellow onion instead of red & fresh spinach, then seasoned to taste. (Drain liquid from veggies) Left out the ground mustard due to personal preference. Added 2 cups COOKED rice & 2 Cups cubed deli turkey breast. (No water needed) Last reviewer said it was too soupy, so only added 2 heaping T of soup & 1T mayo. Stirred in 1/2 C shredded cheddar instead of the parmesan on top. Great flavor. Will definitely make again.
Aug 26, 2011
I followed the recipe except I used chicken instead of turkey. Unfortunately it turned out more like a spinach dip with very little rice. I don't think I would make this recipe again, but if I did, I would use more rice to give it more substance. We ended up scooping the mixture into spinach and whole wheat tortillas, added some cheese and voila! We had spinach chicken burritos!