- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except buns; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Sloppy Joes
"Tasty! Omitted celery seed as I didn't have any on hand. A good recipe!"
"I've been using his recipe for years. It's easy, fast and can be adapted to all please every taste. Add alittle more heat, or make it alittle tangier, whatever you like. One of our family's favorites."
"Good and easy to make."
"I've never liked Sloppy Joes, but this recipe has changed my mind! Pretty healthy, super fast, and yummy! I did find it a little dry, so I make 1.5 times the amount of sauce."
"Very tasty and super easy to prepare. My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe. It's even better the next day!"
"Just made this recipe..the only thing I didn't add was the celery seed but only because I do not have it on hand...AMAZING recipe and very GOOD and easy to make...cheap, too!! ;)"
"Great tangy taste! Really fast and easy to make!"
"Very good and very simple to make. My family loves it."
"I always add my own homemade BBQ Sauce"