Turkey Sliders with Chili Cheese Mayo
Serve these juicy sliders with an assortment of toppings as a scrumptious appetizer. The chili cheese mayo adds a kick! —Lisa Hundley, Aberdeen, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 heat-and-serve rolls
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (5 ounces) sharp American cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in the drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bacon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- Cook in a large skillet in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Meanwhile, bake rolls according to package directions.
- For mayo, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese spread, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder. Split rolls; spread with mayo. Top each burger with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 420 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Sliders with Chili Cheese Mayo in Country Woman October/November 2009