Turkey Shrimp Salad
It's tradition for my family to have this salad on New Year's Day. I like to serve it with mugs of hot tomato soup and warm French bread.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked deveined salad shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- hard-boiled large eggs, sliced, optional
- Orange slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, oil, mustard, salt and lemon-pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish with eggs and oranges if desired.
Originally published as Turkey Shrimp Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.