Love Italian food? You'll be craving what's good for you when this turkey dish is on the menu. It balances meat, pasta and the best of the garden's bounty. —Mary Tallman, Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin
Recommended: 25 Juicy, Golden Holiday Turkey Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sausage with Pasta in Country Woman December/January 2009, p30
Reviews forTurkey Sausage with Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2015
"This was an EXCELLENT recipe!"