Turkey Sausage Saute
A good friend gave me this recipe years ago. Since then, I've made it for weekday dinners, special occasions and potlucks. It always disappears quickly.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed skinless turkey breast
- 1 each large green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown potatoes and sausage in oil if desired for 15-20 minutes. Add chicken, peppers and onion; saute for 15 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add beans, water, oregano, seasoning blend and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 282 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Originally published as Chicken Sausage Saute in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition