One night I added turkey Italian sausage to plain potato salad, and my family raved about it. I've refined the recipe since then to create this hearty, comforting dish.
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cut sausage into bite-size pieces; cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, sausage and onions; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-line bowl if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p37
Reviews forTurkey Sausage Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2012
"This has become a family favorite. I'm often asked for the recipe. Lemon juice and diced red pepper make it perfect. :0)"