Turkey Sausage Potato Salad
One night I added turkey Italian sausage to plain potato salad, and my family raved about it. I've refined the recipe since then to create this hearty, comforting dish.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 6 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cut sausage into bite-size pieces; cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, sausage and onions; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-line bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 233 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.