VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fat-free pizza cheese
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place on a greased 12-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto bottom and up sides of pan to form a crust; seal perforations. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown sausage; drain. Sprinkle over crust. Combine egg substitute, milk, oregano and pepper. Carefully pour over the sausage. Reduce heat to 350° bake for 25 minutes. Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Pizza in Country Woman March/April 1997, p36