Turkey Sausage and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 pounds Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, carrots and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain noodles. Add the noodles, Worcestershire sauce and sage to the sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 300 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 10, 2010
My husband hated this recipe. It was a collossal waste of time, very disappointing, I ended up throwing it out and wasting my sausage and vegetables. The sauce did not taste good- the flavor of the carrots overwhelmed the whole sauce, to put a finer point on it.
Jul 9, 2009
My family loves this dish so I make it a couple times a month.