Turkey Sandwiches With Red Pepper Hummus
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 8 thin slices cooked turkey
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- For hummus, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread; spread hummus on the other side. Place four slices buttered side down on a griddle. Layer with cheese, turkey, onion, tomatoes and remaining bread, hummus side down. Toast for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Sep 12, 2013
Jul 1, 2010
I have made this a couple times now and always with rave response. My husband does not like onions, but he likes this! Also, the hummus is excellent with all sorts of other things... I great recipe to keep on hand!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.