Turkey Sandwich with Pineapple Salsa
This is the first recipe I created on my own. The pineapple brightens the flavor of the turkey mixture. Feel free to use rolls in place of the French bread. —Andrea Boyer, Lenore, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, tomatoes, onion and cilantro; set aside.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place cut sides up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until toasted; remove top half from pan. Layer bottom half with turkey and cheese. Bake 10-13 minutes longer or until turkey is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, combine the aioli ingredients in a small bowl. Carefully spread over cheese; top with salsa. Replace bread top; cut into six slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 666 calories, 33g fat (8g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Sandwich with Pineapple Salsa and Aioli in Taste of Home November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.