Turkey Sandwich with Pineapple Salsa
This is the first recipe I created on my own. The pineapple brightens the flavor of the turkey mixture. Feel free to use rolls in place of the French bread. —Andrea Boyer, Lenore, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, tomatoes, onion and cilantro; set aside.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place cut sides up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until toasted; remove top half from pan. Layer bottom half with turkey and cheese. Bake 10-13 minutes longer or until turkey is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, combine the aioli ingredients in a small bowl. Carefully spread over cheese; top with salsa. Replace bread top; cut into six slices.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.