This is the first recipe I created on my own. The pineapple brightens the flavor of the turkey mixture. Feel free to use rolls in place of the French bread. —Andrea Boyer, Lenore, Idaho
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, tomatoes, onion and cilantro; set aside.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place cut sides up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until toasted; remove top half from pan. Layer bottom half with turkey and cheese. Bake 10-13 minutes longer or until turkey is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, combine the aioli ingredients in a small bowl. Carefully spread over cheese; top with salsa. Replace bread top; cut into six slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sandwich with Pineapple Salsa in Taste of Home November 2011, p73
Reviews forTurkey Sandwich with Pineapple Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"Nice combination of flavors. I used red onion. This was not enough to make 6 servings in my family, needed to double."