Turkey Salad for 60
The mild seasonings in this salad certainly have mass appeal. It's a substantial main dish with a delightful crunch.—Terry Smith, Campbell Hall, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 5 hours + cooling
- 1 turkey (20 to 22 pounds)
- 4 packages (7 ounces each) uncooked ring macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 bunches celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen tiny sweet peas, thawed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 quarts mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- Roast the turkey. When cool enough to handle, remove turkey from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- In several large bowls, combine the turkey, macaroni, celery, water chestnuts, peas and onion. Whisk mayonnaise and seasoned salt; stir into the salad. Chill for several hours. Add almonds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 409 calories, 31g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Salad for 60 in Taste of Home October/November 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.