Turkey & Rice Tostadas
These yummy bites make a great snack during the big game or a light lunch after an afternoon of shopping. Starring turkey, rice, beans and a zesty sauce, the tostadas are a tasty alternative to the usual turkey sandwiches. —Dawn Onuffer, Crestview, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; spritz on both sides with cooking spray. Bake tortillas at 400° for 5-7 minutes on each side or until edges are crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine turkey and rice. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until heated through. Place refried beans in a small microwave-safe bowl; heat through.
- Spread beans over tortillas. Top with turkey mixture and sauce. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tostadas (calculated without toppings): 388 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 965mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 11g fiber), 33g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.