Turkey Rice Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1. In a saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in broth, water and apple juice if desired. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in turkey and vegetables; cook 5 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 254 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Rice Soup
"Really yummy soup. I did change it up a bit based on what I had on hand. I used frozen corn and fresh carrots and celery. I did not add the apple juice but did add some seasoning salt, a pinch of red pepper flakes and black pepper. It was so tasty."