Family and friends will never guess that sandwiches this filling and flavorful could be low in fat! Just ask Elizabeth Myers of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, who shares this hefty lunchtime recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free Thousand Island salad dressing
- On four slices of bread, layer the turkey, sauerkraut, cheese and salad dressing. Top with remaining bread. Spritz both sides of sandwiches with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches on both sides until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1398mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Turkey Reubens in Light & Tasty December/January 2006