Turkey Reubens for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 ounces sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with salad dressing. Layer with turkey, sauerkraut and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 411 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1443mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2014
We had these for lunch today and they were a huge winner. So easy to prepare and we loved every bite. I'm always looking for good lunch ideas and this will be a recipe I will use again and again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home./
Mar 10, 2014
I like these sandwiches because they are are close to a reuben as I can get. I love the corned beef, but it does not like me so these are the next best thing. They are really good made with turkey. Better than one would think.
Mar 10, 2014
Here in Minnesota which has a high percentage of people from German descent, we call these sandwiches, "Rachels," as opposed to Reubens. I prefer this sandwich to a Reuben because I'm not fond of corned beef. This is perfect! Will make often!
Apr 19, 2013
Perfect for a throw-together meal If no 1000Island Dressing on hand, a blob of mayo or Miracle Whip with a dab of Heinz Chili Sauce and a dab of sweet green pickle relish will create it. Refrigerated sauerkraut can be found in supermarket deli departments.
Dec 28, 2009
Really tasty reuben. It's even better with the turkey!