Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 slice white bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Place toast on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mustard. Arrange turkey over mustard. Sprinkle with caraway seeds; top with the sauerkraut and cheese.
- Broil about 4-6 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Top with pepper rings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 11, 2009
We made it with lunchmeat (didn't have caraway seeds) and my brother substituted pepperjack cheese for the swiss, sliced onion for the peppers, and used horseradish sauce also. Quite tasty and easy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.