Turkey Ranch Salad
When my husband brought home a lunch guest unexpectedly one day, I created this salad on the spot using leftover holiday turkey. It's such a family favorite I make it year-round.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 7 cups torn mixed greens, divided
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, turkey, water chestnuts, mushrooms, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine reserved juice, dressing, garlic powder and onion powder. Add to turkey mixture; toss to coat. Divide greens among nine plates; top each with 1 cup turkey mixture. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 168 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Tropical Turkey Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.