Turkey Puff Pancake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cayenne. Whisk flour into egg mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt and pepper.
- Cut pancake into wedges. Spoon turkey mixture over wedges; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 450 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 201mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Nov 6, 2015
I enjoyed trying this recipe. The topping was savory and delicious (I used leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken instead of turkey). I've never made anything like the pancake before and, while it was a fun experiment, I'll probably just stick to biscuits or rice as the base next time. Thanks for the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.