We grow herbs and vegetables in our garden, so I incorporate them into recipes whenever possible. This creation has tender turkey and mushrooms, onions and green pepper covered in a zippy tomato sauce. It's become a real favorite among our family and friends. -Zita Wilensky, N. Miami Beach, Florida
Recommended: Top 10 Turkey Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked fettuccine or spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine flour and parsley; add turkey and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown turkey in oil until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine chicken broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add beef broth, tomato puree and seasonings. Cook and stir for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency.
- Add turkey; heat through. Discard the bay leaf. Serve over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Primavera in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p25
Reviews forTurkey Primavera
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2010
"This has the most amazing flavor. I use chicken breast to make it more handy. It is a family favorite at our house!"