- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked fettuccine or spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine flour and parsley; add turkey and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown turkey in oil until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine chicken broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes. Add beef broth, tomato puree and seasonings. Cook and stir for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency.
- Add turkey; heat through. Discard the bay leaf. Serve over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Primavera
"This has the most amazing flavor. I use chicken breast to make it more handy. It is a family favorite at our house!"