Turkey Potato Supper
Lightly seasoned turkey and broccoli are nestled in a tender mashed potato shell. I like to share this dish with our bachelor neighbors.& #151;Mrs. John Dziedzic, Holland, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds. Whip with a fork. Stir in eggs. Spoon the potatoes onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 8-in. square baking dish, forming a shell.
- In a bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry. Stir in turkey and broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potato edges are golden brown and filling is heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 404 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1031mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Potato Supper in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.