Turkey Pitas with Creamy Slaw
Pack these pockets 'o' fun for school, work or a weekend picnic—or just eat them at home. Toss in a few slices of red pepper for extra color and crunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 8 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, warmed
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, raisins and onion. Add mayonnaise and chutney; toss to coat. Line pita halves with turkey, bacon and cucumber; fill with coleslaw mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 427 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1257mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Slaw Pitas in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.