I try new recipes every week, but this one has been our family favorite for years. It is especially convenient to prepare now that turkey is available in family-sized portions. Clipping, saving and serving new recipes is my favorite hobby. I hope you will cut this one out!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs (about 8 slices)
- 2 packages (14 to 16 ounces each) uncooked turkey cutlets or half of a 5-pound to 6-pound frozen turkey breast, thawed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- About 3/4 cup butter
- 2 large lemons, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Parsley sprigs
- Beat eggs with milk in shallow dish until well blended. Place bread crumbs on waxed paper. Dip cutlets in egg mixture then in crumbs, coating both sides.
- Melt the butter, as needed, in a 12-in. skillet over a medium high heat. Brown cutlets, four to six at a time, on both sides. Remove to a plate; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low. Squeeze juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup) into pan drippings in skillet; stir in the water, bouillon and salt until well mixed. Scrape brown bits from the bottom. Return the turkey to skillet; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice remaining lemon. To serve, arrange cutlets on large warm platter and garnish with lemon slices. Pour remaining sauce over cutlets; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Piccata in Country Woman January/February 1989