Turkey Piccata for Two
This alternative to veal piccata is wonderfully tasty and much more economical.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound turkeycutlets or breast slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten turkey cutlets to 1/4-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add turkey cutlets, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, cook cutlets in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove cutlets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Remove from the heat and pour over cutlets. Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 403 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Sep 4, 2013
I made this for my mother, who doesn't care to eat much. She loved it and ate more than she has in a long time! I found it to be one of those recipes that you make over and over