Turkey Piccata for Two
This alternative to veal piccata is wonderfully tasty and much more economical.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound turkeycutlets or breast slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten turkey cutlets to 1/4-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add turkey cutlets, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, cook cutlets in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove cutlets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Remove from the heat and pour over cutlets. Sprinkle with lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 403 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Piccata in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Sep 4, 2013
I made this for my mother, who doesn't care to eat much. She loved it and ate more than she has in a long time! I found it to be one of those recipes that you make over and over