Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Reduced-fat sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, chili powder and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and raisins; heat through. Drain noodles; serve with turkey mixture. Garnish with sour cream and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup turkey mixture with 1 cup noodles (calculated without sour cream and green onions): 463 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 9g fiber), 30g protein.
Mar 8, 2018
This was great. My husband and I agreed that we will make it again.The recipe uses few ingredients, most of which you're likely to have on hand, and it comes together quickly. It makes a very generous four servings. I added a half tsp of ground cumin and half a fresh jalapeno (minced). Even with the addition of the jalapeno the heat level was very tame, making it a dish that anyone should love--just add hot sauce if you want it hotter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.