I serve this over shortcut pasta or egg noodles and garnish it with sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped scallions. Any leftovers reheat wonderfully. —Anita Pinney, Santa Rosa, California
Featured In: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Reduced-fat sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, chili powder and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and raisins; heat through. Drain noodles; serve with turkey mixture. Garnish with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Picadillo in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014