I serve this over shortcut pasta or egg noodles and garnish it with sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped scallions. Any leftovers reheat wonderfully. —Anita Pinney, Santa Rosa, California
Featured In: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Reduced-fat sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, chili powder and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and raisins; heat through. Drain noodles; serve with turkey mixture. Garnish with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Picadillo in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews forTurkey Picadillo
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2018
"This was great. My husband and I agreed that we will make it again.The recipe uses few ingredients, most of which you're likely to have on hand, and it comes together quickly. It makes a very generous four servings. I added a half tsp of ground cumin and half a fresh jalapeno (minced). Even with the addition of the jalapeno the heat level was very tame, making it a dish that anyone should love--just add hot sauce if you want it hotter."