Turkey Pepper Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. For marinade, mix brown sugar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard and reserved juice.
- 2. In another bowl, toss turkey with 1/3 cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 3. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey, vegetables and pineapple chunks; discard remaining marinade in bowl. Place kabobs on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until turkey is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally; baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
2 kabobs: 262 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.