- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion over medium heat until tender. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, cumin, pepper and salt until smooth. Stir in the onion, turkey and pecans.
- Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Pecan Enchiladas
"I also like to do these with fat free / skinless chicken thighs as the flavor is richer for me. ( No sense of smell 97% of the time, lol.) I spray the tortillas with canola oil (PAM) and heat them to about 125 Deg to make them very easy to roll. You can just heat oil in a shallow pan and dip them before heating. Shred the chick by slivering to 1/4" and about 1-1/2"~2" L.I love a good red Enchilada sauce on top and at the bottom with Jack or sharp Cheddar grated /shredded on top.I have used steamed to full done turkey legs and pulled out all the slivers and leg bones."
"I look forward to making this after Thanksgiving. Great flavor"
"This is a very tasty dish. I've made it several times, and each time it's a winner."