This recipe is one of our family's favorites. I served it once for a church supper, and it was a big hit there, too! Make it a complete meal with salad and some Italian bread. Delicious fresh flavor and so simple to put together! —Heather Savage, Corydon, Indiana
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 20 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, basil, pepper flakes, salt and sausage. Drain pasta. Stir into skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Pasta Toss in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p51
Reviews for Turkey Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review