- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 20 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, basil, pepper flakes, salt and sausage. Drain pasta. Stir into skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Pasta Toss
"very good & you get a good size serving for those of us watching our calories."
"This recipe wips up in no time. It has a lot of flavor and isn't a heavy meal which is great during the summer."
"This recipe is bursting with flavor and is absolutely delicious. I don't ever measure the pasta, we just use the whole box and have left overs, but 3 cups may be the whole box- We also use all 5 sausages that come in the package. Since there isn't a sauce it is quite light and especially good when it's too hot outside for traditional pasta. It is one of my hubby's favorites. Thanks so much!"
"Very good, but I added onion with the pepper."