Turkey Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 20 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives, basil, pepper flakes, salt and sausage. Drain pasta. Stir into skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 249 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Oct 30, 2012
very good & you get a good size serving for those of us watching our calories.
Feb 8, 2011
This recipe wips up in no time. It has a lot of flavor and isn't a heavy meal which is great during the summer.
Jan 24, 2011
This recipe is bursting with flavor and is absolutely delicious. I don't ever measure the pasta, we just use the whole box and have left overs, but 3 cups may be the whole box- We also use all 5 sausages that come in the package. Since there isn't a sauce it is quite light and especially good when it's too hot outside for traditional pasta. It is one of my hubby's favorites. Thanks so much!
Jul 20, 2009
Very good, but I added onion with the pepper.