Turkey Noodle Supper
"This was one of my favorites made by my mom when I was growing up," shares Lori Tinkler from Richland, Washington. "I lightened it up by using lean ground turkey, fat-free cream cheese, reduced-fat soup and fat-free milk. And it still tastes as good as Mom's"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces yolk-free extra-wide noodles
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Return to pan. Add the soup, cream cheese and milk. Cook and stir until blended. Stir in the noodles, corn, pimientos, salt and pepper; cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 376 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Turkey Noodle Supper in Light & Tasty February/March 2005