Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
- 9 cups homemade turkey or chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Tie cloves and bay leaf in a cheesecloth bag and add to kettle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add turkey, macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the macaroni is tender and the soup is heated through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 6 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 179 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1462mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Noodle Soup
"I have made this soup after Thanksgiving every time I was the hostess and had the leftovers--about 7-8 times! It's a fabulous concoction of all things good and good for you! I DO make the homemade broth from the carcass the day before I serve this soup and I love the flavors that the sage, bay leaves, and cloves add to the broth. Who could go back to a can of Campbell's turkey Noodle soup after this?!"
"I have made this simple recipe over and over again since I found it in one of the magazines many years ago. We all love it"