Turkey Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
Makes6 servings (3 quarts)
- 9 cups homemade turkey or chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Tie cloves and bay leaf in a cheesecloth bag and add to kettle; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add turkey, macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the macaroni is tender and the soup is heated through. Discard spice bag.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 179 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1462mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
May 10, 2018
We really enjoyed the rich brothy taste of this soup. Perfect for left over chicken or turkey. I added a handful of chopped celery tops for some additional taste. I also enjoyed the addition of Sage. along with some personal spice favorites. Next time i’ll add some spinach for more nutrition and to add some brightness to the soup. II will add this one too my soup Rotation.VFE.
May 10, 2018
A light , brothy soup accented with a nice rich taste. One perfect , healthy choice for left overs. I added a handful of chopped celery tops along with the ribs.. Love the addition of the Sage. Nice alternative to poultry seasoning.. Next time i’ll add a handful of spinach just to add extra iron and to put a pop of color into the soup.
Nov 26, 2016
I have made this soup after Thanksgiving every time I was the hostess and had the leftovers--about 7-8 times! It's a fabulous concoction of all things good and good for you! I DO make the homemade broth from the carcass the day before I serve this soup and I love the flavors that the sage, bay leaves, and cloves add to the broth.
Dec 27, 2012
I have made this simple recipe over and over again since I found it in one of the magazines many years ago. We all love it