Turkey Noodle Bake
“This is a great way to use up leftover turkey,” writes Ramona Fish. The Columbus, Indiana cook blends nutritious spinach with turkey breast, fat-free cottage cheese and reduced-fat cheese for a hearty meal.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Drain noodles. Place half of the noodles in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; layer with half of the turkey and cottage cheese mixtures. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 357 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Turkey Noodle Casserole in Light & Tasty February/March 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.