Turkey ‘n’ Swiss Sandwiches
Perfect for two, these toasted sandwiches turn boring lunches into exciting meals. “They offer a wonderful combination of flavors,” shares Leah Starnes of Bedford, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 slices sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices jellied cranberry sauce (1/4 inch thick)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Spread two slices of bread with mustard. Top with cranberry sauce, turkey and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 384 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1315mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Delicious Turkey and Swiss Sandwich in Light & Tasty February/March 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.