Turkey ‘n’ Swiss Calzones
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, cheese and mustard. Divide dough into eight pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll each piece into a 7-in. circle. Place filling on half of each circle. Fold dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 484 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Jul 5, 2011
Delicious! I used ham instead of turkey, and it turned out wonderfully.
Jan 19, 2010
The crust is excellent and easy to make, but the filling is very bland. I would try a sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese.
Nov 12, 2009
This recipe has become a family favorite! Sometimes we make them with pizza toppings and they always come out great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.