Turkey ‘n’ Swiss Calzones
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, brown sugar and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the turkey, cheese and mustard. Divide dough into eight pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll each piece into a 7-in. circle. Place filling on half of each circle. Fold dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 484 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 5, 2011
Delicious! I used ham instead of turkey, and it turned out wonderfully.
Jan 19, 2010
The crust is excellent and easy to make, but the filling is very bland. I would try a sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese.
Nov 12, 2009
This recipe has become a family favorite! Sometimes we make them with pizza toppings and they always come out great.