Turkey Mushroom Supreme
This recipe was served to me and other co-workers as a thank-you for help we gave to a West Point officer in getting his book published. It was very good, so I asked him for the recipe and have made it many times since.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 6 frozen puff pastry shells, baked
- In a large saucepan, saute pepper and mushrooms in butter until pepper is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and seasonings; stir into vegetables. Stir in broth and milk until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add turkey and peas; heat through. Gently stir in pimientos. Spoon into shells and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 440 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Mushroom Supreme in Country Extra November 1991
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.