This recipe was served to me and other co-workers as a thank-you for help we gave to a West Point officer in getting his book published. It was very good, so I asked him for the recipe and have made it many times since.
Recommended: 40 Skillet Recipes That Make Eating Healthy a Breeze
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 6 puff-pastry patty shells, baked
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Saute green pepper and mushrooms until pepper are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together flour and seasonings; stir into vegetables. Cook and stir until flour is moistened. Stir in broth and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add turkey and peas; heat through. Gently stir in pimientos. Spoon into shells and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Mushroom Supreme in Country Extra November 1991, p51